Legal Advisory Services
Irish domiciled investment funds will generally appoint an Irish law firm to act as counsel to the fund to carry out the following activities in respect of the initial fund set-up and launch:
- Co-ordinate all discussions with local regulatory authorities and in particular with the Central Bank.
- For new fund promoters/managers, preparation of the required fund promoter application for delivery to the Central Bank.
- Submit to the Central Bank, the fund "Fact Sheet", which is designed to enable the Central Bank to raise any initial questions they have on a specific fund.
- Draft all the required fund documentation, including constitutional documents, prospectus and service agreements.
- Negotiate legal agreements with the fund service providers.
- Submission of draft fund documentation and material contracts to the Central Bank together with the application for authorisation of the Fund.
- Co-ordinate the launch of the fund, including working with the fund's Irish stock broker in respect of any required listing on the Irish Stock Exchange.